Friday, February 13, 2009

The latest...

There's been movement on the adoption front!! Over the weekend, my mom and I put together our portfolio. At first, it was very stressful for us, but once we got going, we did great. I, personally, think it looks wonderful! :) We had fun, and it looks "bright & cheery" which were the requirements. I hope it's "bright & cheery" enough for us to be chosen my a birthmother. So, now I have to get a scrapbook and make copies of it to send to the agency.

Also, our social worker in Ohio (we have one in Ohio for our homestudy and one in TX at the agency), sent us a list of things we would and wouldn't consider in an adopted child. This form is also for foster parents to fill out, in terms of who they want to allow into their home...So after printing out FIVE pages, all the pages have TWO columns of "disorders" or "issues" that you have to say will consider or will not consider. Holy cow. Really. I can't even tell you how horrible of a person it makes you feel saying you wouldn't accept a child with some of the things listed, but I can't imagine taking in a child that is terminally ill or has been jailed for rape, crime using a weapon, MURDER...seriously? How many people check will consider to these? Fortunately, I emailed the social worker, and she said that they aren't going to use THIS checklist to match us to a child in TX. Also, when we do get chosen by a birthmother, we have the choice of whether or not we want to accept or decline the baby. We'll get her medical records and decide if it's the right fit for us.

I'll update again, soon...

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Oh this is getting so exciting! What a wonderful update!! Lots of prayers!!