Friday, February 27, 2009

The portfolio is done & printed!

After my mom & I did the portfolio, I had to work up the courage to take it to FedEx/Kinkos to have it copied....I was so scared! But I did it. When I went to pick it up on Monday, it looked HORRIBLE! I refused to take it. I was so disappointed, I even considered just picking it up and making 3 more of the same thing...by hand. But Ben told me "no" and to have them try again. We went and picked it up today...Ben went with me. It looks much better, and they gave it to us for FREE! Yeah! It should have been well over $50 to have it printed and bound, but since they screwed up, we got if free. :)

Also, our homestudy is done. I mailed the check to the agency in Ohio so they could send it to the agency in Texas! All we have to do is go to the notary tomorrow to get some stuff notarized, and get more fingerprints. Something I've been thinking about...if I get arrested, I get my fingerprints taken "free" but if I want to help a child have a better life, I need to pay $5 per person/per card to have fingerprints, THEN I need to pay $48.xx each person to have them checked out! Are you kidding me? So annoying. But we'll have to do that early next week, so I can get it all in the mail. We'll be sending a big chunk of cash then, too...But they'll be showing our portfolio to Birthmothers! It's scary & exciting all at the same time!

More later..

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Yeah! I am so sorry you had to redo your portfolio so many times! I am praying for you during this whole process!!